Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Someone is going to buy a can of Febreeze at the St. Charles Target only to discover it's almost empy!

So this morning Jack and I went to Target and we were walking down the isle with all of the air fresheners and Jack was a couple steps behind me and he stopped and picked up a thing of Febreeze arisol airfreshener and right as I was telling him to put it back he starts spraying it. I try to sternly, without yellling, tell him no and to stop etc. but it doesn't work and he just thinks it's hilarious because I can't take it from him without getting sprayed so I am kinda standing back. He would spray it and laugh, then stop and I would go and try and grab it then he would start spraying it again. This seriously went on for a couple of minutes. I didn't know what to do because I was trying so hard to not laugh but I didn't want to get sprayed. I am sure people walked by and was like "gosh that mother is just letting her kid spray that stuff". He finally stopped long enough for me to grab it and it only occured to me after I got home that maybe I should have bought it because I am sure it really didn't have much left in it.
Then when we got out to the car I opened the trunk and Jack climbed from inside the cart into the trunk. I knew he had done this and I was fine with it so I said "OK Jack stay there" and ran across the street to put the cart up and as I did this these 2 women walked by and stared at Jack just sitting in the trunk playing with my snow scraper. I felt like saying "I really don't drive around with him like that". I probably just looked like the worst parent today?!

1 comment:

Leah said...

I can't believe you can take Jack to Target alone, and pregnant, period! The only place I take Gavin alone to shop is Albertson's because I can make him stay in the cart eating free cookie samples!