Friday, May 29, 2009

Things that make you say hhmmmm.............

I often find myself observing "odd" things where it's like "seriously"? I have realized that this usually happens while I am driving by myself and I am just looking around like is anyone else seeing this? Of course Jack doesn't know what is going on and he is usually asleep.

Take today for example, I was at a red light and this guy is walking down the street and he pulls out an inhaler, like you see people who have asthma using. Then he uses it, puts it back in his pocket and pulls out some cigarette's and starts smoking lol. I was just like wow that is ironic! Like this guy is thinking "wow I am having some trouble breathing.......... oh this cigarette should help the situation".

Did you know the state of Missouri has the most smokers out of all of the other states? When we first moved here we were like wow alot of people smoke! You just see them walking around, driving and every where you go then I saw on the news that MO has the most smokers and I was like yeah I could have told you that! About half of the restraunts here ask "smoking or non smoking". It's kind of weird after living in Cali for so long.

Last month we went out to dinner and we were wating for a table and this couple walks in and they told the hostess that they wanted a "smoking table" and the hostess was like oh we are non smoking and so they just turned around and left. Mike and I just looked at each other and It's like these people couldn't even eat a meal without smoking! Then I was just thinking that they could have ordered then went outside and smoked or something like that but apparently not.

OK that is enough of my rant

4 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

You're hilarious Mary Jo!

Leah said...

Oh yeah in Vegas where I grew up they always ask you smoking or non too. I thought it was weird when I moved to California because they didn't ask. We would always just say "first available" and sometimes sit in the smoking area but you got to at least be seated faster!!!

Brooke said...

Mary Jo, I feel like it has been FOREVER!! I guess b/c it really has. I can totally picture this scene. I have got to tell you, the majority of the time while reading this post, I was thinking...this is something I could see Rick saying. LOL. Too bad there is so many smokers in MO. It is sad how bad smoking is. Hope everything is going great!

Dana said...

I can't stand smoking!! My husband's dream is to fart in the face of a smoker. They pollute our air...why not pollute theirs?